Type of cave: Incredible formations, quite muddy and slippery floors, preceding the huge Rabelais Chamber. Obstacles: the cave entrance, several suspended traverse lines, a ladder and a 2 metre abseil and the stunning Paso de la Araña (Spider’s Step, which is a technical section climbing up ropes, traverse lines and abseiling).
Approach and return: 30 – 35 min of a hard ascension. Return the same way back 20 min.
Requirements: Requires some previous experience and a minimum level of fitness.
Duration: Approximate 5 hours.
- Technical equipment for individuals and groups
- Jumpsuits to avoid taking the mud home
- Activity pictures with professional flashes
- Accident insurance and third-party liability insurance
- Sports trousers, thermal shirt and fleece
- Mountain footwear or wellies
- Change of clothing and footwear
- Hair band, headband or the like to tie long hair
- Raincoat or umbrella for approaches